Guardiandogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Guardiandogs

Dedicated to the guard dogs/lgds which protects & has protected us/our charges with its lives!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pitbb

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Hello...   Hello... EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:34 am

Hello to everyone on the board.

I would first like to thank Arvind and Arun for the invite, I hope I can be a contribution to the board.

I am a casual dog enthusiast with a main interest in the molossoid and bull breeds.

I currently own one Jindo and one APBT. I have owned another Jindo and Dogue De Bordeaux prior, but they both have passed on now.

Looking forward to the board and meeting new people.

Best Regards
Back to top Go down
Arun
Admin
Admin
Arun

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 am

great to have you here, hearty welcome!! jindo, a spitz type of dog from korea.. right?! I love the way they look!! how do you find their temperament to be?
Back to top Go down
https://guardiandogs.forumotion.com
Arun
Admin
Admin
Arun

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 am

and are your dogs getting along with no issues? are they of same sex?

http://www.kang.org/Jfac.html << you might like this.. Smile
Back to top Go down
domizat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER
domizat

Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:53 am

Hello mate thanks alot for joining our board.. Most welcome here bro. Smile

best wishes
Back to top Go down
pitbb

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Arun wrote:
great to have you here, hearty welcome!! jindo, a spitz type of dog from korea.. right?! I love the way they look!! how do you find their temperament to be?

Thanks Arun.

Yes, you are right a medium sized spitz breed from Korea that was used mainly for Hunting small to large sized game. It was then used for fighting later on in its history.

They have the typical northern spitz-type characteristics in that they are aloof, high prey drive, no dog-odor, very clean almost cat-like. They make great watchdogs and can be good guard dogs but because of their feral nature the fight/flight response can quickly turn to flight once the tables are turned not in their favor. This is also the reason why they do not turn out to be good fighting dogs as they are not "game". They are generally extremely intelligent and very athletic. Just like most APBT's most 6ft. walls will not be enough to contain them.

In their natural habitat, which is mountainous terrain, they are let to roam freely and they form invisible territory lines between them and their neighbors. So to keep them in a suburban type environment would be stressful for both owner and dog. They would probably work best in a farm-type environment. They still maintain a great hunting ability. To put it simply, if I was to let my Jindo and Dogue De Bordeaux out into the woods, come back after a week I know who would still be alive and that would be the Jindo.

They are usually very high dog-aggressive, usually takes time for them to warm up to new people. For their size which is usually around 45~50lbs for males and around 40lbs for females they can be alot of dog.

Although known in Korea to be a very loyal dog, as mentioned above they are very cat-like, so they are not the "in your face" lap dog type. They are content that you are there but don't expect the type of affection display or attitude you will get from western-type breeds. I mentioned that they are pretty feral, I have been bitten from my Jindo because I picked her up when she did not want to be. Also, because they are feral they can be left alone for periods as they do not display separation anxiety when compared to western dog breeds. As they could survive on their own if need be. Not the type of dog I would have around small children. I would say that they make good utility dogs but if you were looking for a complete companion dog you could find better.

Sorry for the long post and I hope that answered your questions.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
pitbb

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Arun wrote:
and are your dogs getting along with no issues? are they of same sex?

http://www.kang.org/Jfac.html << you might like this.. Smile

As of now they are getting along they are opposite sex as I do not think that it would be possible to have the same sex together. I have seen it done before but I do not take those situations to be the norm, nor would I advise anyone to have two males/females together. The Jindo female is 14yrs old, her mother passed away last year at the age of 15yrs. The APBT is male and is gamebred, he will be 2 yrs. old this month. He has either not turned "on" in regards to indiscrimate dog aggressiveness. There have been famous Grand Champion/Champion APBT's that actually did not fuss with familiar dogs but when they were placed in the box they changed demeanor, although this would be an exception not the rule. I do not have him in contact with strange dogs of either sex. I understand what I have, and I manage accordingly, he does not need doggy friends his human family is all he needs.

Thanks for passing the link, I have actually been there before. The information there is pretty accurate I believe.
Back to top Go down
domizat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER
domizat

Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:56 pm

I have also kept 1 spitz type of a dog , just like german spitz.. He was pure white in colour.

He was my 1st dog, i got him from a person who don't wana keep him anymore.
So he gave it to me , i got him when he was 3 years old and i was 13 at that time Smile

He was also kinda aggressive and good watch dog.. He also don't like to be picked up or sit in lap, also he don't allow any1 to approach near him when he is eating. Very Happy

He also has bite me quite sometimes.. But it was just a scratch no blood came. I also like him alot.

Bro it will be very nice to see pics of your dogs.. When you have time you can share with us.
Back to top Go down
xLordxBoris

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:27 am

Welcome here m8! i already see we will be good friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pitbb

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 am

Domizat, I will try to get some recent pics of the 2 dogs I have now. Yea same with my experience, my Jindo bit me but with no malice it was just a way to communicate to me that she was uncomfortable. Given that I knew the nature of the Jindo I didn't think much of it, now if my Dogue De Bordeaux or especially my APBT had done it, that would be a different story.

Thanks for the welcome Lord Boris!
Back to top Go down
Arun
Admin
Admin
Arun

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:30 pm

pitbb wrote:
Arun wrote:

Thanks Arun.

Yes, you are right a medium sized spitz breed from Korea that was used mainly for Hunting small to large sized game. It was then used for fighting later on in its history.

They have the typical northern spitz-type characteristics in that they are aloof, high prey drive, no dog-odor, very clean almost cat-like. They make great watchdogs and can be good guard dogs but because of their feral nature the fight/flight response can quickly turn to flight once the tables are turned not in their favor. This is also the reason why they do not turn out to be good fighting dogs as they are not "game". They are generally extremely intelligent and very athletic. Just like most APBT's most 6ft. walls will not be enough to contain them.

In their natural habitat, which is mountainous terrain, they are let to roam freely and they form invisible territory lines between them and their neighbors. So to keep them in a suburban type environment would be stressful for both owner and dog. They would probably work best in a farm-type environment. They still maintain a great hunting ability. To put it simply, if I was to let my Jindo and Dogue De Bordeaux out into the woods, come back after a week I know who would still be alive and that would be the Jindo.

They are usually very high dog-aggressive, usually takes time for them to warm up to new people. For their size which is usually around 45~50lbs for males and around 40lbs for females they can be alot of dog.

Although known in Korea to be a very loyal dog, as mentioned above they are very cat-like, so they are not the "in your face" lap dog type. They are content that you are there but don't expect the type of affection display or attitude you will get from western-type breeds. I mentioned that they are pretty feral, I have been bitten from my Jindo because I picked her up when she did not want to be. Also, because they are feral they can be left alone for periods as they do not display separation anxiety when compared to western dog breeds. As they could survive on their own if need be. Not the type of dog I would have around small children. I would say that they make good utility dogs but if you were looking for a complete companion dog you could find better.

Sorry for the long post and I hope that answered your questions.

Thanks

great to hear about these dogs!! there is also a primitive type of hunting dog in India.. their name is pandikona.. if you like these primitive feral type of dogs, you might probably like them too!! I'll share some info and pics soon..

and even though your post was long, it was informative.. if long posts are informative, it is very very good.. I appreciated your post.
Back to top Go down
Arun
Admin
Admin
Arun

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:30 pm

pitbb wrote:
Domizat, I will try to get some recent pics of the 2 dogs I have now. Yea same with my experience, my Jindo bit me but with no malice it was just a way to communicate to me that she was uncomfortable. Given that I knew the nature of the Jindo I didn't think much of it, now if my Dogue De Bordeaux or especially my APBT had done it, that would be a different story.

Thanks for the welcome Lord Boris!

Boris is a die hard pitbull fan!! he is highly knowledgeable in pitbulls.. Wink
Back to top Go down
pitbb

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 am

Thanks Arun, yea I have heard about the pandikona. Don't know too much and would love to hear about them.

Good to hear that theres another die hard pitbull fan. Here's a link to my dogs pedigree...

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=112953

The pic on the ped was taken 4 months ago...
Back to top Go down
Arun
Admin
Admin
Arun

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:46 am

my friend had been to the tribesmen and done an extensive and exhaustive research on them.. I think you will have seen him on MD.. his name is venkat.. did u see the pics he posted?
Back to top Go down
pitbb

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 am

I remember the thread he posted, I'm gonna have to go back and try to find that thread again.
Back to top Go down
Arun
Admin
Admin
Arun

Hello... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Hello... EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:07 am

Smile let me know if you don't.. Wink
Back to top Go down