Guardiandogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Guardiandogs

Dedicated to the guard dogs/lgds which protects & has protected us/our charges with its lives!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

one of my liked music!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arun
Admin
Admin
Arun

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-10-24

one of my liked music! Empty
PostSubject: one of my liked music!   one of my liked music! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:32 am

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/moviedetail.asp?mid=HD000123oooO

listen to this song = Shiva Ashtottarshatnamastotram
Back to top Go down
https://guardiandogs.forumotion.com
Arun
Admin
Admin
Arun

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-10-24

one of my liked music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my liked music!   one of my liked music! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:47 am

it is a sanskrit mantra! designed to invoke a power on recitation. this is not the way to recite it.. but still, it is great! it gives calmness and clarity of mind! this is what music for me is.. it is something that effects our feelings and heart. it is not only a sound.. but more than that.. something which invokes power and a strong feeling! and for that, lyrics is important! but these mantras sound good even if one cant understand it. as a matter of fact, i can't understand it. in vedic times the greatest of greatest yogis and maharshis formed mantras using such sounds which would create vibrations in our body which could make our mind clean and pure and body filled with energy and positive spirit and devotion! the language in which mantras are recited is sanskrit! it is a very deep and challenging language to learn. in my opinion, not even all the languages in india put together can become as resourceful as sanskrit. sanskrit is the purest of languages! and there are no bad words in sanskrit. mantras were taught to a special caste of people in india. they are bramhins.. only they could learn vedas.. and even now, only a bramhin is taught vedas. none other than bramhin could learn vedas and sanskrit.. and brahmin is a caste of priests and monks and sages and seers. brahminism is a caste where one is to work by chanting mantras and singing bhajans and trying to become one with the god and attain salvation by doing only good deeds and thinking only good and speaking only good. from 1000's n 1000's of years, brahmins have practiced this. but now, due to british n western influence, it is not in strict practice but still, staunch brahmins are there!.. bramhin is to take only vegetarian foods and avoid onions and garlics and is expected to consume only sattvic foods and to be a celibate when he studies vedas and all (till he gets married). and actually, i dont know sanskrit and vedas.. but i know few mantras.. i am a bramhin.. but still, i have to master vedas and sanskrit.. but i can read and write in sanskrit.. but cannot speak in sanskrit.. but i can also understand sankrit lil..
Back to top Go down
https://guardiandogs.forumotion.com

one of my liked music!
Page 1 of 1