Guardiandogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Guardiandogs

Dedicated to the guard dogs/lgds which protects & has protected us/our charges with its lives!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

quotes on vegetarianism

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arun
Admin
Admin
Arun

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-10-24

quotes on vegetarianism Empty
PostSubject: quotes on vegetarianism   quotes on vegetarianism EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:19 am

Vegetarian Quotes
by Walter "Shantree" Kacera

"How can man be possessed of kindness who, to increase his own flesh,
eats the flesh of other creatures. As those possess no property who do
not take care of it, so those possess no kindness who feed on flesh."
"Like the (murderous) mind of him who carries a weapon (in his hand),
the mind of him who feasts with pleasure on the body of another
(creature), has no regard for goodness."
"Man did not weave the web of life: he is merely a strand in it.
Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself. To harm the earth is to
heap contempt on its creator." -Red Indian Chief (1854)

"We pray on Sundays that we may have light/To guide our footsteps on
the path we tread;/We are sick of war, we don't want to fight,/And yet
we gorge ourselves upon the dead." -George Bernard Shaw

"Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole
world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind."
-Albert Einstein

"I do feel that spiritual progress does demand at some stage that we
should cease to kill our fellow creatures for the satisfaction of our
bodily wants." -Gandhi

"If man wants freedom why keep birds and animals in cages? Truly man
is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds them. We live by the
death of others. We are burial places! I have since an early age abjured
the use of meat." -Leonardo-da-Vinci

"Flesh eating is simply immoral, as it involves the performance of an
act which is contrary to moral feeling: killing. By killing, man
suppresses in himself, unnecessarily, the highest spiritual capacity,
that of sympathy and pity towards living creatures like himself and by
violating his own feelings becomes cruel." "As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields." -Leo Tolstoy

"My refusing to eat flesh occasioned an inconveniency, and I was frequently chided for my singularity, but, with this lighter repast, I made the greater progress, for greater clearness of head and quicker comprehension" "Flesh eating is unprovoked murder." -Benjamin Franklin

"I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals." -Henry Thoreau:

"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being" -Abraham Lincoln

Genesis 1:29 "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." -God

"In that day the wolf and the lamb will lie down together, and the leopard and goats will be at peace. Calves and fat cattle will be safe among lions, and the little child shall lead them all. The cows will graze among bears; cubs and calves will lie down together, and lions will eat grass like the cows. . . Nothing will hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain, for as the waters fill the sea, so shall the earth be full of the knowledge of the Lord." -Isaiah 11:6-10

"There will never be any peace in the world as long as we eat animals." -Isaac Bashevis Singer

"If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals." -Albert Einstein

"Not having known anything better does not alleviate the suffering of the animal. Its fundamental desires remain and it is the frustration of those desires that is a great part of its suffering. There are so many examples: the dairy cow who is never allowed to raise her young, the battery hen who can never walk or stretch her wings, the sow who can never build a nest or root for food in the forest litter, etc. Eventually we frustrate the animal's most fundamental desire of all - to live." -David Cowles-Hamar.

"In all the round world of utopia there is no meat. There used to be. But now we cannot stand the thought of slaughterhouses. And in a population that is all educated and at about the same level of physical refinement, it is practically impossible to find anyone who will hew a dead ox or pig. We never settled the hygienic aspect of meat-eating at all. This other aspect decided us. I can still remember as a boy the rejoicings over the closing of the last slaughterhouse." -H.G. Wells

"There is something so very dreadful, so satanic in tormenting those who have never harmed us, and who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power, who have weapons neither of offence nor defense, that none but very hardened persons can endure the thought of it" -Cardinal Newman

"There will come a time...when civilized people will look back in horror on our generation and the ones that preceded it: the idea that we should eat other living things running around on four legs, that we should raise them just for the purpose of killing them! The people of the future will say "meat-eaters!" in disgust and regard us in the same way we regard cannibals and cannibalism"
-Dennis Weaver (actor)

"Awareness is bad for the meat business. Conscience is bad for the meat business. Sensitivity to life is bad for the meat business. DENIAL, however, the meat business finds indispensable."
-John Robbins, Diet for a New America

"When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble." -Buddha (563? - 483? B.C.)

"Cruelty to animals is as if humans did not love God."
-Cardinal John Henry Newman

"...many vivisectors still claim that what they do helps save human lives. They are Iying. The truth is that animal experiments kill people, and animal researchers are responsible for the deaths of thousands of men, women and children every year."
-Dr. Vernon Coleman, Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, UK.

"We stopped eating meat many years ago. During the course of a Sunday lunch we happened to look out of the kitchen window at our young lambs playing happily in the fields. Glancing down at our plates, we suddenly realized that we were eating the leg of an animal who had until recently been playing in a field herself. We looked at each other and said, "Wait a minute, we love these sheep--they're such gentle creatures. So why are we eating them?" It was the last time we ever did."
-Linda and Paul McCartney (musicians)

"To be non-violent to human beings and to be a killer or enemy of poor
animals is Satan's philosophy. In this age there is always enmity
against animals, and therefore the poor creatures are always anxious.
The reaction of the poor animals is being forced on human society, and
therefore there is always the strain of cold or hot war between men,
individually, collectively or nationally...
"The earth affords a lavish supply of riches, of innocent foods, and
offers you banquets that involve no bloodshed or slaughter; only beasts
satisfy their hunger with flesh, and not even all of those, because
horses, cattle, and sheep live on grass. As long as men massacre
animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of
murder and pain cannot reap joy and love."
-Pythagoras

"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being. I should be unwilling to take the life of a lamb for the sake of the human body." -Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

"Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace."
-Albert Schweitzer

"Out of 135 criminals, including robbers and rapists, 118 admitted that when they were children they burned, hanged and stabbed domestic animals." -Ogonyok(1979) (Soviet anti-cruelty magazine)

"I abhor vivisection with my whole soul. All the scientific discoveries stained with innocent blood I count as of no consequence." Mahatma Gandhi

"Animals are my friends...and I don't eat my friends." -George Bernard Shaw

"The human body has no more need for cows’ milk than it does for dogs’ milk, horses’ milk, or giraffes’ milk." -Michael Klaper, MD, author of Vegan Nutrition: Pure & Simple

"In every respect, vegans appear to enjoy equal or better health in comparison to both vegetarians and non-vegetarians." -T. Colin Campbell, PhD Professor of Nutrition, Cornell University (letter dated 3/29/98)

"If you step back and look at the data, the optimum amount of red meat you eat should be zero."
-Walter Willett, M.D., of Brigham and Women's Hospital, director of a study that found a close correlation between red meat consumption and colon cancer.

"When we kill the animals to eat them, they end up killing us because their flesh, which contains cholesterol and saturated fat, was never intended for human beings." -William C. Roberts, M.D., editor of The American Journal of Cardiology

"The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined. If beef is your idea of `real food for real people,' you'd better live real close to a real good hospital." -Neal D. Barnard, M.D., President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, Washington, D.C

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, are humanitarians
cannibals? -Unknown
Back to top Go down
https://guardiandogs.forumotion.com

quotes on vegetarianism
Page 1 of 1